Calling all singers! Come audition with us.
Monday@Jojo’s is looking for a few good women! If you love to sing, are a crack sight reader, have group singing experience and live in the LA area, you are invited to audition. We are looking to add two or three singers for 2022, so here is your chance!
Who we are
Monday @Jojo’s is a women’s vocal group dedicated to sharing our love of music with our community. Our repertoire focuses on jazz, standards, and pop from the 1920s to contemporary music, both a capella and accompanied. We specialize in musical entertainment for all types of events. Please come hear us at one of our public performances! Click here for the dates.
- Experience with group dynamics
- Experience with tonal blending in small groups
- Competent at sight-reading/sight-singing music
- Proficient in the basics of vocal production
- Experience with both accompanied and a cappella music
- Committed to practice at home between rehearsals
- Memorization of music for performances
- Committed attendance at weekly rehearsals
1. Send us a video! Tell us about yourself, including your singing experience, and sing us a song of your choice. If you seem like a good fit, we’ll invite you to audition in person, as follows:
2. Perform two solo pieces of music for the group which you have prepared: one a cappella and one accompanied. (Please bring sheet music for your accompanied piece – we’ll provide piano accompaniment. No recorded tracks, please.)
3. Sing with the group your preferred part on a piece from our repertoire. (Music will be sent to you in advance.)
4. Sight-read and perform a short segment of a piece of our choosing.
- We rehearse every Monday evening in the North Los Angeles area, with occasional extra rehearsals.
- We perform at a variety of venues and events, from small bars and fundraisers to senior centers and corporate functions.
- Most performances are scheduled on evenings and weekends, with the holiday season being the busiest.
- Members are encouraged to solicit their networks for group gigs.
- Members contribute to group costs which include the musical director, accompanists, sheet music, equipment, etc., with nominal dues collected on an as-needed basis*
*The more paying gigs we book, the fewer dues we have to collect.
As a group, it is important to find not just musical “fits” but interpersonal “fits” as well. Additionally, we are looking to fill particular sections of our group. Your vocal range and flexibility will play into the decision.